Reflecting on the Year & Giving Thanks
As the year comes to a close, I wanted to express my sincere thank you to all those who continue to inspire and push me forward. I am incredibly thankful for all of the opportunities this year has brought. I have been so uplifted and supported, and I feel such a deep sense of purpose and know that what I am doing is making a difference from the messages and work I continue to receive. I genuinely love what I do, and I am so lucky to have a platform to share with such a wide audience. I don’t take that responsibility lightly, and I will continue to do my best to grow, learn, and innovate. I am thankful to be surrounded by people doing the same, who challenge me to rethink, experiment, research, and stretch.
Among the things I’m most thankful for professionally:
- People continuing to read and share the Tech with Heart love and message (thank you!)
- Virtual speaking & keynoting opportunities — so many more than I could have hoped for (and so much to come in 2022!)
- Some highlights: Kami Connect, Conversation About Mental Health & Wellness, CyFair Edtech LIVE: Using Flipgrid for Personalized Instruction, Back to the Classroom with Pear Deck, IDEAcon x TCEA
- An opportunity from my school to work more flexibly and pursue more consulting work, which has allowed me to grow and become healthier
- Releasing 3 mini courses in partnership with Wacom focused on making the most of Pear Deck, Flipgrid, and Kami
- The feedback on LMS research, comparisons, and tips for success I received
- Interaction with my YouTube videos
- All the books I’ve read and learned from this year
- True friendships with so many of you (most of whom I’ve met only through social media)!
I am so excited for the work to come in 2022. As I continue to grow and learn, I promise to share my experiences forward. Thank you for continuing to challenge me to do better and dream bigger and for your support in allowing me to do this work that I enjoy so much!